There is nothing like a good shredded pork or beef taco, but have you have to try shredded venison tacos! With the spices, juicy shredded venison, and your favorite taco toppings, this dish is sure to be a flavorful hit for the whole family.
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds of venison meat
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Mix half the taco seasoning with the flour and cayenne pepper to taste and coat the meat with this mixture. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the roast in the oil and brown well on all sides.
- Place the meat in a slow cooker with the water and cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 5 hours. When the meat is done, shred with a fork and season to your taste.